Tuesday, October 2, 2007

darkness and light

I am living a dream everyday,
I am living a fear everyday
I am living a desire everyday

Dream of finding the reason for my fear,
Fear for that dream so that it doesn’t break
And the desire to awaken with a light not shadowed by darkness

I am living a hope everyday
I am living a smile everyday
I am living my tears everyday

Hope that someday embraced by the light of an answer I shall face the blackness
Smile as any other expression makes me look… true
Tears as they are closest when darkness envelops my solitude

I am helpless, so tied and bound, bound by the freedom I have
My hands are trembling, as they are open, desirous of much more.
My mind is forever enclosed by the horizon, by the magnanimity of the world
Where oh! Lord shall I fall
As the light blinds my vision and the darkness makes me see things I don’t want to.

As a child I wander smitten by the glitter of the fake
As an aged I am spelled by the speed of what I can’t hold

Everyday I live a dream only to wake up and fear of it being granted to me
Everyday I desire so much for others, hoping I too am honored by the same
I relive a new drama now, drama of selfishness

I desire for me
I live for a hope
I live not for u but for a enchanting divinity that only I can embrace
I live as if I am the world and I am the absolute
Because it’s only the power of having seen and lived in the dark
That one begins to perceive truth in light

2 comments:

dk said...

into that heaven of freedom O father let my country awake...tho,this invocation is to father but why is the country charactered as mother...Varu I enjoyed reading your blog.Best
D

Sonal said...

"As the light blinds my vision and the darkness makes me see things I don’t want to."

i can actually relate myslf 2 these lines...
lovely outbreak of emotions... cud'nt stop myself frm appreciating it here....